I love books and I read every single day. Here is a list of books that I have either read or referenced the content of. I will add to this list as often I can, so check back often.
- SQL Server Execution Plans – 2nd Edition By Fritchey, Grant (B|T). This is a must have book if you are learning how to read Execution Plans. He goes through and explains all the main Execution Plan icons and their pros and cons. You can get this book three different ways.
- Buy it online from places like Amazon
- Get it FREE as a PDF by downloading it from Red Gate’s website
- Attend an event where Red Gate has a presence and they will GIVE YOU a copy.
- Expert Cube Development with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 analysis Services by Webb, Chris; Russo, Marco; Ferrari, Alberto. When I created my first prototype using SSAS I needed to create a bridge table, but I didn’t know what it was called. I found this book which talked about how to create one. I then read the rest of the book. It was very well written which made it easy to read.