2013 was an amazing year for me and winning this award was the cherry on top. I want to not only thank the people who voted for me, but for the people who nominated me.
I appreciate your belief in me and for accepting me into the SQL Family.
While we can’t all clap together, we can tweet our approval. Please help me recognize the four others who were nominated with me. It’s a big planet, and they have contributed in their countries and abroad to be noticed and nominated too.
- Koen Verbeeck (b|t) from Belgium
- William Durkin (b|t) from Germany
- Rob Sewell (b|t) from United Kingdom
- Mark S. Rasmussen (b|t) from Denmark
In December Red Gate introduced the Tribal Awards. Some of the awards are fun like “SQL Karaoke Performer of the Year” and others are more serious like “Blog of the Year”. They collected nominations and I found out that I was selected for “Best New Community Voice”. I’m very honored to be included with the other four gentlemen… all from Europe.
- Koen Verbeek from Belgium
- William Durkin from Germany
- Rob Sewell from United Kingdom
- Mark S. Rasmussen from Denmark
Now that the nominees have been selected, the community can now vote for the winners of the Tribal Awards, but be quick. The voting ends on January 3rd with the winners being announced on January 7th.